By Jingzhao Ou
Rapid power estimation for strength effective functions utilizing field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) is still a difficult learn subject. strength dissipation and potency have avoided the frequent use of FPGA units in embedded structures, the place power potency is a key functionality metric. assisting conquer those demanding situations, Energy effective Hardware-Software Co-Synthesis utilizing Reconfigurable undefined deals recommendations for the improvement of power effective purposes utilizing FPGAs.
The publication integrates numerous high-level abstractions for describing and software program systems right into a unmarried, constant program improvement framework, permitting clients to build, simulate, and debug platforms. in line with those high-level innovations, it proposes an power functionality modeling strategy to trap the strength dissipation habit of either the reconfigurable platform and the objective purposes working on it. The authors additionally current a dynamic programming-based set of rules to optimize the power functionality of an program operating on a reconfigurable platform. They then talk about an instruction-level strength estimation process and a domain-specific modeling strategy to offer speedy and reasonably exact power estimation for hardware-software co-designs utilizing reconfigurable undefined. The textual content concludes with instance designs and illustrative examples that convey how the proposed co-synthesis recommendations result in an important quantity of strength reduction.
This e-book explores the benefits of utilizing reconfigurable for program improvement and appears forward to destiny study instructions within the box. It outlines the diversity of elements and steps that result in an power effective hardware-software software synthesis utilizing FPGAs.
Read or Download Energy Efficient Hardware-Software Co-Synthesis Using Reconfigurable Hardware PDF
Similar design & architecture books
An in-depth architectural evaluate of COM+ part applied sciences for company builders, this publication bargains an in depth glance by way of supplying implementation info and pattern code. content material contains scalability, queued elements and MSMQ, the in-memory database, and role-based protection.
Swift strength estimation for strength effective purposes utilizing field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) is still a not easy study subject. power dissipation and potency have avoided the frequent use of FPGA units in embedded platforms, the place strength potency is a key functionality metric. aiding triumph over those demanding situations, strength effective Hardware-Software Co-Synthesis utilizing Reconfigurable undefined deals suggestions for the improvement of strength effective functions utilizing FPGAs.
The Winn L. Rosch Bible presents a historical past on how issues paintings, places competing applied sciences, criteria, and items in point of view, and serves as a reference that gives speedy solutions for universal computing device and know-how questions. It services as a deciding to buy consultant, telling not just what to shop for, yet why.
Whereas the vintage version checking challenge is to make a decision even if a finite procedure satisfies a specification, the objective of parameterized version checking is to make your mind up, given finite platforms M(n) parameterized by way of n in N, even if, for all n in N, the method M(n) satisfies a specification. during this booklet we give some thought to the $64000 case of M(n) being a concurrent method, the place the variety of replicated methods is determined by the parameter n yet each one method is self sustaining of n.
- Computer Architecture: Pipelined And Parallel Processor Design (Computer Science Series)
- Performance and Reliability Analysis of Computer Systems: An Example-Based Approach Using the SHARPE Software Package
- The Sourcebook of Parallel Computing (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
- Universal Serial Bus System Architecture, Edition: 2nd
- The Art of Software Architecture: Design Methods and Techniques
- Structured Analog CMOS Design (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
Extra info for Energy Efficient Hardware-Software Co-Synthesis Using Reconfigurable Hardware
Each of the BRAM blocks holds 36 Kbit of data and can be conﬁgured as two independent 18-Kbit memory blocks. This amounts to a data storage up to 8,784 Kbits. Depending on the speciﬁc application requirements, these pre-compiled memory blocks can be conﬁgured as diﬀerent widths and word-lengths. These pre-compiled memory blocks are an important hardware resource for embedded software development. The memory blocks can be conﬁgured as cache and/or on-chip memory systems for the embedded hard/soft processor cores.
15. Each column represents a silicon sub-system with speciﬁc capabilities, such as conﬁgurable logic cells, memory blocks, I/O interfaces, digital signal processing blocks, embedded processor cores, and mixed signal components. These domain-speciﬁc FPGAs are assembled by combining columns with diﬀerent capabilities into a single chip targeting a particular class of applications. This is opposed to application speciﬁc platforms which would address a single application. The typical application domains include logic-intensive, memoryintensive, or processing-intensive.
22. It can be readily seen that the ﬁlter largely eliminates the high frequency components of the input signal. In addition to the Simulink simulation models, System Generator integrates HDL simulators for co-simulation. Currently, ModelSim from Mentor Graphics  and the ISE Simulator from Xilinx  are the two oﬃcially supported HDL simulators at the time of writing. 23: Automatic rate and type propagation 38 Energy Eﬃcient Hardware-Software Co-Synthesis simulators, the end users can plug in their low-level designs into the Simulink modeling environment and co-simulate them through these underlying simulators.